EURATEX seeks at ensuring an improved access to world markets for Textile & Clothing companies, as well as a cost effective European regulatory framework allowing SMEs to maintain competitive advantage and a sound industrial base in Europe.
To achieve these goals, EURATEX is active in the EU trade agreements negotiations, in the EU Commission’s Market Access Strategy and in the EU Industrial Strategy by:
- Ensuring the sector’s interests are fully taken into account during trade negotiations and EU legislative proposals;
- Expanding knowledge dissemination of the EU trade and EU industrial policies, monitor implementation of the trade deals and the harmonized application of EU legislation;
- Reporting the barriers to trade faced by companies when exporting to third country’s markets and strive for their elimination;
- Feeding the regulatory dialogues with third countries, including on Public Procurement, in order to tackle regulatory barriers and facilitate trade;
- Enhancing business international cooperation through privileged relations with counterparts organizations in key strategic markets;
- Monitoring proper enforcement of intellectual property rights and improve knowledge about IP law;
- Participating in the standardization process in the field of textile and clothing in order to make sure standards meet the industry needs;
- Providing information on labelling legislation in Europe and worldwide;
- Informing members on worldwide trade and investment conditions.