EURATEX – the European Apparel and Textile Confederation – works to achieve a favourable environment for the design, development, manufacture and marketing of European textile and clothing products. Through its membership, it represents 170.000 European companies with a combined turnover of €180 bln. Working together with EU institutions and other European and international stakeholders, EURATEX focuses on clear priorities: an ambitious industrial policy, innovation and skills development, free and fair trade, and sustainable supply chains (www.euratex.eu).
EURATEX Team now comprises 12 permanent staff, with 8 different nationalities. Its new Brussels office is located in Rue Belliard 40 (per 1 April).
EURATEX is currently looking for 2 permanent staff for its Brussels office.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR TRADE AND INDUSTRIAL POLICY
Key Responsibility: Coordinating EURATEX policy work on Trade and Industrial affairs.
• Establish key priorities and manage annual action plans on the above 2 areas
• Work with its membership in developing relevant positions, defending and promoting the European textiles and clothing industry
• Manage relevant EURATEX working groups
• Maintain close contacts with key figures in the European institutions (in particular European Commission and Parliament)
• Represent EURATEX at external meetings and events, presenting our views and positions
• Network with partner organisations in Europe and around the globe, to develop effective policy alliances
• Develop opportunities for operations/projects in these areas.
• Contribute to EURATEX general strategy
• At least 8 years experience, specifically in EU trade or industrial policy making
• Fully familiar with private sector representation at European level
• Knowledge of the textiles and clothing sector will be considered an asset
• Fluent in English; other European languages an asset.
• Master degree in economics, law or equivalent through experience
• Ability to work in an international environment
• Strong communication skills, sense of diplomacy, positive inter-personal skills, team player.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director General and manage a small team of 2 staff. Regular travel will be required. Salary negotiable commensurate with the importance of this position. Ideally, the candidate should be available to take up this position as from 1 May.
Key Responsibility: ensure smooth management of the (new) EURATEX office and administration.
• Organise in-house and/or off-site events, travel and appointments
• Invoicing and following up subscriptions to members and fees for various events
• Making online and manual payments
• Support HR administration with the Director General
• Provide support to project financial reporting
• Updating members contacts (database & mailing lists)
• Organising supplies and equipment, and any necessary works and repairs
• Managing contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and providers
• Liaising with external support services
• Welcoming external visitors
• At least 3 years experience in a similar job
• Management and personal skills to ensure the smooth running of the office
• Expertise in organising meetings and appointments
• Experience with a variety of office software (including MS Office 365)
• Degree in administration, office management or equivalent through experience
• Fluent English/French speaker. Proficiency in Flemish will be a bonus.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director General. Salary negotiable commensurate with the importance of this position. Ideally, the candidate would be available to take up this position as from 1 May.
Applications for both positions with a letter of motivation and CV should be addressed to the Director General and submitted to email@example.com by 31 March 2020, clearly indicating “Associate Director” or “Office Executive” in the title.
Applicants hereby consent that their personal data are processed by EURATEX for recruitment purposes. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.