EURATEX – the European Apparel and Textile Confederation – works to achieve a favourable environment for the design, development, manufacture and marketing of European textile and clothing products. Through its membership, it represents 170.000 European companies with a combined turnover of €180 bln. (www.euratex.eu).
EURATEX Team now comprises 12 permanent staff, with 8 different nationalities. Its new Brussels office is located in Rue Belliard 40.
EURATEX is currently looking for a Senior Policy Officer – Trade and Internal Market
managing EURATEX policy work on Trade and Internal Market affairs.
• Roll out EURATEX policy work on trade and internal market, covering areas such as free trade negotiations, rules of origin, market access, functioning of the EU single market, supply chains, etc.
• Work with its membership in developing relevant positions on these topics, defending and promoting the European textiles and clothing industry towards EU institutions and stakeholders
• Manage relevant EURATEX internal working groups and committees
• Maintain close contacts with key figures in the European institutions (in particular European Commission and Parliament)
• Represent EURATEX at external meetings and events, presenting our views and positions
• Network with partner organisations in Europe and around the globe, to develop effective policy alliances
• Develop opportunities for operations/projects in these areas
• Contribute to EURATEX general strategy
• At least 5 years relevant experience, specifically in EU trade or related policy making
• Fully familiar with private sector representation at European level
• Knowledge of the textiles and clothing sector will be considered a strong asset
• Fluent in English; other European languages an asset.
• Master degree in economics, law or equivalent through experience
• Ability to work in an international environment and be autonomous
• Strong communication skills, sense of diplomacy, ability to federate people and interests, positive inter-personal skills, team player,
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director General (acting as Director for Trade a.i.).
Regular travel will be required. Salary negotiable commensurate with the importance of this position.
Ideally, the candidate should be available to take up this position as from 1 July.
Applicants should send a letter of motivation and CV, addressed to the Director General and submitted
to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 June 2021.
Applicants hereby consent that their personal data are processed by EURATEX for recruitment purposes.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.