The European Textile and Clothing Industry is a dynamic and highly diversified industrial sector, driven by application of specialized knowledge and skills including creativity to meet ever-changing needs of a large spectrum of end markets. Companies are constantly increasing their efforts and investments in technological and non-technological innovation.
A large share of the industry also engages regularly in applied research, often in collaboration with suppliers, customers, and knowledge providers such as research institutions and universities.
In the domain of Research & Innovation, EURATEX supports the industry’s efforts through proactive work with EU institutions and policy makers. Our main goals are to:
• Create framework conditions conducive for industrial research and innovation activities in Europe;
• Provide funding and other support mechanisms for collaborative research and innovation through European programmes such as the multi-annual Research and Innovation Framework Programmes;
• Promote an image of an innovative forward-looking industrial sector of the future.
In the domain of Skills, EURATEX promotes a range of initiatives and policies to address the increasing challenge of attracting and retaining talented and correctly qualified human resources for the EU textile and clothing industry. Our main goals are to:
• Support policies and initiatives to improve sectoral education and training at all qualification levels, including higher education in Europe;
• Provide funding and other support mechanisms for collaborative projects across the full spectrum of sectoral education and training through European programmes such as ERASMUS+;
• Promote the image of the EU textile and clothing industry as an attractive employer providing high quality jobs and interesting career opportunities.
In cases of strategic interest, EURATEX also leads (or actively participates in) joint actions and projects, and regularly supports the dissemination of project results to the industry.
The State of Skills in the Apparel Industry 2020 | Global Survey
take the survey
Is the apparel and textile industry’s workforce gearing up fast enough for current and future challenges? Don’t miss the chance to voice your opinion! MOTIF, with lead sponsor Alvanon and supporting apparel and textile industry organisations is conducting its second global ‘State of Skills’ survey. Available in several languages, the online survey only takes 10 minutes to complete, and participants can opt to receive the survey analysis report, to be published in 2020.