Brussels, 13 September 2021 – EURATEX releases its vision for a new EU strategy for textiles and clothing. The new strategy should develop a forward looking business model. It would lay down the foundations for a competitive and sustainable European textiles industry.
The European Commission should publish before the end of 2021 an “EU Sustainable Textiles Strategy”. It will also develop a “transition pathway” for the textiles sector – being one of the 14 critical ecosystems of the EU’s new Industrial Strategy.
EURATEX wants to contribute actively to this process, to make sure we can develop a forward looking business model, laying the foundations for a competitive and sustainable European textiles industry.
In line with the EURATEX Charter,
- EURATEX strives for a recognition of the Textiles & Clothing (T&C) sector as an essential and strategic part of the European economy.
- Strongly believes in innovation, quality and sustainability as a source of competitiveness.
- Emphasises the value of a skilled workforce, embracing new green and digital skills.
- Maintains its support for open markets, based on free but fair competition.
EURATEX wants the European textiles industry to:
- Be a global leader on sustainable textiles
- Be more efficient
- get a greater share on the global market
How can we achieve that? Read EURATEX full vision. It will take only 5 minutes of your time.